Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ChocoNanaNut Sarnies


The rain seems to be getting everyone down....sigh.

I like the rain - it hardly ever makes me feel gloomy. I love the sound of raindrops pattering against my window as I'm falling asleep. Or better yet, waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of torrential downpour and then burrowing in just a little deeper under my duvet and just a little snugglier against the lucky person sharing a bed with me (for the present, it's Mr Higgins!).

Ok, I admit it kinda sucks if you're out on the town having spent 2 hours putting your make-up on and contorting yourself into knots drying your hair in a new filmy see-thru chiffon dress and strappy heels without an umbrella...then the Rain Is Your Enemy.

One of my friends in particular is feeling especially gloomy and thinking about his melancholy almost made me feel down in the dumps so I had to quickly find a way to cheer myself up before that could happen....

Here's the perfect remedy. It's for EMERGENCIES ONLY!!!

ChocoNanaNut Sarnies (makes 2 sandwiches)
20 mins prep to mouth
4 slices of white plastic bread (you know the kind!)
1 Banana
Nutella
Chunky peanut butter
Butter, softened

- Slice the banana WAFER-THIN...as thin as you possibly can
- Butter the slices of bread on the outside
- Spread two slices with Nutella and the other two slices with peanut butter
- Overlap the WAFER-THIN slices of banana onto the peanut butter slices, they should be 2-3 WAFER-THIN layers thick
- Squish the Nutella slice on top
- Get a nice flat bottomed frying pan and heat it up on full power without oil
- When it's hot (drop a little butter on it and it should sizzle right away) put your sandwich peanut-butter side down and then turn the heat down to medium.
- Leave it on for about 3 mins then peek to see if the underside is nice and golden brown.
- Use a pair of tongs to flip the sandwiches over to the Nutella side and squish them down a bit.
- Drop a little blob of butter around each sandwich to make it just that little more unhealthy and buttery! Well ok, you can skip this step if you like.
- Cook till golden-brown and then serve it up with a nice frosty glass of milk.


NUMMY!!!!


And if a ChocoNanaNut Sarnie doesn't work then there's always DB Boulevard's "Point of View" that always got MooMoo and I dancing at Happy!!








Point of View - DB Boulevard

No comments: